Who will make the most friends in this class?
Why should I show my face?
We run student-centered classes. It's kind of hard to center on nothing...
What's so great about Zoom language classes?
- with adequate equipment, you can hear the sounds more clearly, and adjust the volume when needed;
- the teacher can hear you better: no need to shout through a mask at six feet from everyone, fighting the campus lawnmower;
- in some courses, you will actually want to see how the teacher's lips move; try seeing that through a mask...
- if you have a soft voice, just move the microphone closer to your mouth;
- language classes are small, and with everyone facing their cameras, it is easy to feel in touch with all your classmates;
- you will never be neglected by the teacher just because you happen to be sitting in the corner or be obscured by a bigger fellow;
- words typed in the chat box are equally readable to everyone; it is like every student getting her own blackboard that’s always visible to all;
- the entire chat box is automatically saved for you: no need to copy everything from the blackboard;
- you get to meet the professor’s cat, and can introduce yours!